Currently
73°
Alton, IL








IPC Warns of Fall Mushrooms

Story by WBGZ Radio

The Illinois Poison Center (IPC)  receives hundreds of calls a year about mushrooms popping up in yards and parks. Many different types of mushrooms found in Illinois are toxic and should not be eaten. While most wild mushrooms are minimally to moderately toxic, in rare cases they can be very poisonous and require hospitilization.

 

Dr. Carol Deslauriers, the Senior Director for the IPC, told the Big Z why you shouldn't eat wild mushrooms.

 

Click Here For Deslauriers' Comment

 

For more information visit this link:

http://illinoispoisoncenter.org

( Copyright WBGZ Radio / www.AltonDailyNews.com)











This site was created by RiverBender.com
Copyright © 2017 Alton Daily News
AltonDailyNews.com ยท WBGZ 1570 AM
227 Market St., Alton IL 62002 Phone: (618) 465-3535
EEO Report | Privacy Policy | Online Public File